We aim to ensure robust governance underpins all that we do. To our minds, good governance is more than just a regulatory requirement: instead, we believe that it is a core value and client-centric best practice… and we think many professional advisers share this view and want to be confident of robust governance in the firms that they deal with.
Of course, saying this is one thing but demonstrating we mean it is key. We’ve worked hard to establish and embed best practice governance throughout our business, that encompasses working closely with everyone from issuing banks, our administrator and custodian, through to professional advisers – and we proactively provide transparency regarding our internal approach and processes.
Our approach to governance includes:
- A cultural commitment to ‘doing the right things – and doing simple well’
- Recognition of the importance of operational strength, robust processes, controls and oversight
- Careful identification of target markets, investor objectives and needs
- A rigorous approach to product design, development and stress testing
- Internal issuer and counterparty due diligence – and support for professional advisers in their research and due diligence
- Distributor due diligence
- Exceptional support for professional advisers using our products
- Being clear and fair in both investor-facing literature and the materials we provide to professional advisers
- Using and championing plain English
We are keen to engage closely with the professional advisers that use our products, to discuss and address the importance of everybody (from the manufacturer through to the distributor) being closely aligned in advancing best practices.