Awards and recognition
Following the patient and substantial investment of time and resources by our parent Alpha Real Capital in laying the foundations of Tempo, our aim in ‘doing the right things and doing simple well’ is to provide professional advisers and their clients with a high calibre structured product provider, a carefully considered approach to structured products and a level of support and service that they can be genuinely confident in.
We hope that our efforts to raise the industry bar and ‘redefine structured products’ will result in structured product and wealth management industry awards and other recognition, over time.
We were delighted to pick up our first industry awards in 2019, within our first full year since launching our product suite, as detailed below, and we look forward to participating in industry award processes and events in the future.
City of London Wealth Management Awards (COLWMA) 2020
- Winner: ‘Best Educational Initiative’
Below are three initiatives COLWMA judged us on for the ‘Best Educational Initiative’ category;
- The Tempo Structured Products Professional Adviser Academy: The Academy offers an educational resource for professional advisers wanting to know more about structured products. It provides a modular programme, accredited by CISI, with learning outcomes identified in each module and online tests available to validate knowledge levels. Being built to offer a programme of 16 modules, the Academy covers the bases from a generic introduction to structured products, including understanding why investment banks issue them, through to detailed and advanced working knowledge of how they work, how they are arranged and priced, and how to use them within portfolios. Tempo is also happy to provide tailored educational input and training to individual professional adviser firms, to meet specific interests and requirements.
- Tempo’s Issuer & Counterparty Scorecards (‘TICS’): Professional advisers (and investors) should seek to identify structured products backed by financially strong issuers and counterparties – not least as this is an explicit regulatory expectation for professional advisers. TICS was developed to support professional advisers in their product research and issuer and counterparty due diligence. It provides a single-point access to multiple recognised indicators of financial strength / credit risk, covering 40 major banking institutions, including all 30 Global Systemically Important Banks (G-SIBs), updated each month, to provoke and support detailed and objective analysis, assessment, comparison, consideration and understanding of prospective issuers and counterparties;
- Use of plain English: Tempo is the first structured product firm – and one of only a small number of investment firms of any type – to be both a corporate member of Plain English Campaign and to have all of its plan brochures individually crystal mark accredited to be jargon-free. While important product points and features sometimes require technical-sounding explanations, Tempo have worked hard to ‘de-jargon’ product literature and to help champion the use of plain English within the asset management, wealth management and financial planning / advice industry.
Investment Life & Pensions Moneyfacts Awards 2019
- Winner: ‘Best Structured Products Service’
- Highly Commended: ‘Best Structured Products Provider’
We were delighted to pick up our first industry awards in September 2019, within our first full year since launching our product suite, winning ‘Best Structured Products Service’ and ’Highly Commended, Best Structured Products Provider’ at the Investment Life & Pensions Moneyfacts Awards.
The Investment Life & Pension Moneyfacts Awards are widely acknowledged awards, based on a rigorous independent judging panel and process, with input from professional advisers.